The Innter.Net© web servers support the Google Sitemaps technology and enable the convenient and automatic generation of Google Sitemaps by using a sitemap generator script.
What is Google Sitemaps:
Google Sitemaps allow automatic registration of websites into the Google index. Webmasters can use Google Sitemaps to inform Google of new pages or changes to existing pages automatically and free of charge. URLs which are to be added to the Google index are submitted in the form of lists, so that the search engine operator can add them quickly.
What is a Google Sitemap Generator:
A sitemap generator is a simple script that can be configured for the automatic generation of sitemaps, and the submission of these lists to Google. A sitemap generator generates sitemaps from a list of URLs, access protocols or by referencing the directory path to static files of the URLs.
Advantages of Google Sitemaps:
- All your pages are entered into the Google directory in one go, which promotes the distribution of your pages in the Google index.
- Google only provides up-to-date information about your website, which is important for visitor acceptance.
- Google finds more information which is more than current methods on their own could produce.
- You can inform Google which pages of your web presence are particularly important and have a weighting.
- Sitemaps can also enable an improved ranking in other search engines.